I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Below please find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team. Please note, there will be no resources next week due to the holiday.
Have a safe and healthy week!
- 5 Things You Should Do Right Now to Thrive in Your Career During a Pandemic – It’s easy to let the goals you had pre-pandemic fade into the background. Here are five power skills you should master to keep your career moving forward.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- The Best Straps, Lanyards, & Necklaces to Help Kids Hold onto Their Face Masks – As you shop for back-to-school supplies in this strange new world, you might want to add some of these gadgets to your list.
- The 2020 Back-to-School List for Teens’ Emotional Well-Being – The various changes that are happening to schools across the country will reduce students’ exposure to many of the good things that promote healthy adolescent development. This article discusses the essential supplies teenagers will need for the year ahead.
- What is a Sinking Fund and Why Do I Need One? Learn more about this strategic way to save money.
- 8 Floor Moves to Try at Home to Ignite Your Core – Watch the pros teach you how to do some key moves to engage the full core.
- 8 Hormones are Making You Hungry All the Time. Here’s Exactly What to Eat to Turn Each Off – Celebrity Nutritionist, Kelly Leveque, tells you how to get your hormones functioning optimally so that you don’t get hangry or need a sugar boost to get through the afternoon.
- Time to Ditch ‘toxic positivity,’ experts say: ‘It’s okay not to be okay’ – Cultivating a positive mindset is a powerful tool. However, when we consistently try to put a positive spin on negative situations, it prevents us from working through the serious issues we are facing in a healthy way.
- First Grader Turns Her Dream of Feeding Homeless People into Reality by Launching Her Own Foundation – Inspired by a book she read at school about giving, 6-year-old Paris Marshall decided she wanted to give back to the homeless. After delivering 500 care packages with food and essential items to a local homeless shelter, she then delivered 250 meals to essential workers. Each package contained a personalized message from Paris. At age 6, she’s inspiring others to do good.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- From Crisis to Resilience & Belonging: A 30-Day Mindfulness Challenge for Your Organization (Oct 1-30, 2020) – This challenge, brought to you by Wisdom Labs and LinkedIn, is designed to help your workplaces face the ongoing crises with greater resilience by learning science-based skills using the Wise@Work app. Over 30 days, participants establish a routine of daily learning and practice designed to create sustainable behavior change. Your organization will receive a Challenge Toolkit full of tips, easy-to-use email templates to support engagement and your organization’s personalized engagement dashboard. FREE.
About the Author
Andrea Davis, Director of Wellbeing
Andrea joined Alera Group Northeast (formerly CBP) in July 2013, bringing over 15 years of experience in management consulting and strategic solutions. As the Director of Wellbeing, she is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive wellness strategies for existing and prospective Alera Group clients. She provides assistance and support to Alera Group clients by developing personalized programs that fit clients’ unique health management needs, wellness program implementation, committee development, promotion and marketing of their programs to encourage participation. In addition, Andrea conducts program analysis and generates reports related to program participation, health assessment and client utilization.