When it comes to wellbeing, employers often find themselves challenged by how to approach a shift from a traditional wellness model to a comprehensive and holistic program that supports the whole person. Below you'll find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team. Have a safe and healthy week!
Did you miss our Alera Wellbeing Fair? Check out the on-demand workshops here.
- Zoom and Text Less, Call More, New Science Suggests – Learn what the latest studies say about the effectiveness of texting, zoom and old-fashioned phone calls.
- What to Say When You’re Reaching Out to Someone on LinkedIn – If you’ve been hesitant to reach out to people on LinkedIn, or if you’ve been reaching out and not hearing back, there are strategies you can use to increase your chances of success.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- How to Communicate Better with Your Partner While Stuck at Home – Have you had trouble connecting and communicating effectively with your significant other since the quarantine started? If so, you're not alone. Join Rachel Druckenmiller and Michael Bryant for this discussion on Tuesday, November 17th at 11 AM ET.
- Zoom Just Announced Its Plan to Save Thanksgiving – As a thank you to customers, Zoom will be lifting the 40-minute limit for all meetings globally on Thanksgiving, so your virtual gatherings don’t get cut short!
- 5 Tips for Year-End Tax Planning – In 2020, a couple of large pieces of legislation took effect, like the SECURE Act in January and the CARES Act in March, that may change how you think about your taxes. Join Principal’s November webinar and learn five ways you can identify year-end opportunities that may help you save on your tax bill in 2021. Wednesday, November 18th at 12PM ET.
- 12 Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes That Don’t Sacrifice Flavor – Here are some ways to enjoy many of your holiday favorites while making dishes a little lighter and more nutritious.
- Preventing Burnout & Building Resilience – Feeling tired and overwhelmed lately? Working remote not as fun as it was six months ago? Join Stella Grizont to learn about the causes and effects of burnout and some new insights around self-compassion, focus and dealing with negative emotions in a healthier way. Tuesday, November 17th at 3 PM ET.
- Free Happiness Hacks! Happiness doesn’t have to be something you have or you don’t—just like our health, it’s something we can work on. In fact, the acts of helping others and practicing gratitude are foundational to improving happiness. In this minisode, Dr. Mark Hyman talks with Laurie Santos about science-based hacks for creating more happiness in your life, and even better, they don’t cost a thing!
- How to Give Thanks and Celebrate Community This Thanksgiving: Donations, Volunteering and Virtual Hangouts – This is a wonderful collection of ways to give thanks this year to essential workers, people in your community and our family and friends.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- Tackling Mental Well-being: Techniques, Interventions and Meditation for HR Professionals – SIG, an Alera Group Company, will be hosting a session with an impressive panel of experts who will be sharing sustainable best practices and strategies to implement with your staff now, tools and techniques to improve your overall mental health and a guided meditation. Tuesday, November 17th at 1PM ET.
- Beyond Solidarity Statements: Your Blueprint to a Social Justice Framework – Join Virgin Pulse, Marlette Jackson, Ph.D. and Erin Dowell, as they explore a blueprint for corporate social justice — a playbook of what executives can do to foster anti-racism at the organizational, leadership and individual level. Tuesday, November 17th at 1 PM ET.
- Corporate Wellness: What Does It Really Mean? What does it take to effectively engage employees and support their wellbeing, especially during a global pandemic? Rachel Druckenmiller discusses how employee health has become more of a priority than ever before, and it's time to think beyond physical health and get to the core of what really matters most to your team. Thursday, November 19th at 11 AM ET.
About the Author
Andrea Davis, Director of Wellbeing
Andrea joined Alera Group Northeast (formerly CBP) in July 2013, bringing over 15 years of experience in management consulting and strategic solutions. As the Director of Wellbeing, she is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive wellness strategies for existing and prospective Alera Group clients. She provides assistance and support to Alera Group clients by developing personalized programs that fit clients’ unique health management needs, wellness program implementation, committee development, promotion and marketing of their programs to encourage participation. In addition, Andrea conducts program analysis and generates reports related to program participation, health assessment and client utilization.